About the Artist
Chad Savage was a dark artist from the moment his pudgy little hands were able to set crayon to paper. He was the kid that loved Halloween better than Christmas, rooted for Godzilla and Dracula, and really worried his Southern Baptist parents. It was very clear early on that Chad wanted to celebrate Halloween 365 days a year.
With a degree in illustration and graphic design and 20+ years’ experience drawing/designing for the horror genre for both print and web, Chad got his wish. Halloween, for him, is every day. His company Sinister Visions inc. is thriving, providing web design, print design, illustration, sound design, font design and more for the horror, Halloween and haunted attraction industries. Sinister Visions currently hosts/manages close to 200 dark websites; odds are you’ve already been to at least 10 of them.
Chad’s artwork has appeared in (and on the cover of) numerous books and magazines and garnered awards from same. His original fonts have appeared on books, magazines, DVDs, CDs and in movies. Besides running genre sites like DarkChicago.com and ZombiePinups.com, he is the Art Director and Lead Designer for Zombie Army Productions, annual horror/haunt conventions Flashback Weekend, Shocka-Con Austraia, the World Horror Convention, HAuNTcon and all of TransWorld Trade Shows’ conventions, trade shows and tours. His company Sinister Visions proudly sponsors numerous dark genre events and projects.
Chad currently lives and works outside of Chicago (OK, in Indiana) with his fabulous (and tolerant) wife Alex, lovely daughters and their fairy dogmothers.
For his graphic and web design work website, visit http://www.sinistervisions.com.
Professional Artistic Associations and Credits
- Art Show Director for World Horror Convention 2005 in NY, NY, 2011 in Austin, TX and 2013 in New Orleans, LA
- Co-Chairman & Art Show Director for World Horror Convention 2006, San Francisco, CA
- Art Show Director for HorrorFind Weekend, Baltimore, MD [2006-2008]
- Art Show Director for Flashback Weekend, Chicago, IL, 2006
- Associate Director of the Annual Halloween Art Exhibit [2003-2009]
- Co-founder and member of the Membership Jury for spookyART.com [2002-2007]
- Artist of the Month, Horror-Web.com, 2004
- Art Show Director for Convergence 10 2004, Chicago, IL
- Featured at Bajema.com in 2000
- Blue Blood Magazine’s Amelia G reviewed Sinister Visions for Playboy Magazine’s 1999 Halloween Online Section.